Good Funeral Awards 2019: who are you nominating?
The AGFD Good Funeral Awards will be held this year at Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve in Hythe, Kent, on 19 October – hosted by the Association of Green Funeral Directors.
Designed to celebrate excellence in the funeral profession, nominations are invited in the following categories:
- Best crematorium of the year
- Anatomical pathologist technician of the year
- Most promising newcomer to the trade
- Best burial ground of the year
- Coffin supplier of the year
- Low cost funeral provider of the year
- Best funeral information provider
- Funeral Director of the year
- Funeral arranger of the year
- Most promising trainee funeral director
- Green funeral director of the year
- Lifetime achievement award
There will also be an ‘Open’ category for other nominations. Nominations cost £10 each – email firstname.lastname@example.org for a nomination form and details on how to pay. Closing date for nominations is 31 August 2019.
Tickets to the awards event which runs from 6-11.30pm cost £65, and include a 3-course meal, welcome glass of champagne, and table entertainment during the evening. Tickets also include one day entry to Port Lympne Wildlife Reserve.
In conjunction with the awards, the organisers are holding an exhibition at Port Lympne with refreshments from 12 noon until 3pm on the same day. Stands can be booked via Mark or Emma at Ecoffins on 01795 830688 or email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Get more with a subscription.
Everything you need to know in the funeral industry. Get much more with a subscription to FSJ, from just £1.92 per month.